1. Blocking out a solid four hours the night a new movie premiered so you could watch both showings on The Disney Channel.
There’s no way you were missing the Miley Cyrus cameo twice.
2. Reading (and writing!) fanfiction about your favorite couples.
Okay, picture this: Chad’s an out-of-work actor in Los Angeles and Taylor’s a talent agent. Three thousand words, two installments, and one steamy romance.
3. Getting extremely defensive about the Zac Efron/Drew Seeley singing… situation.
So maybe Zac didn’t sing all the songs in the first movie. But the first three lines of “Start of Something New” are DEFINITELY all him!
4. Memorizing the choreography for “We’re All in This Together” because you’ve seen it so many times.
Chug, chug, knee-up-step-clap.
5. Screaming at Troy’s glo-up between the first and second movie.
A tan? A new haircut? Pastels? WINKING?! Be still, my everbeating pre-teen heart.
6. And belting along to any song in the ~conflicted Troy~ suite.
Getcha Head in the Game in HSM1, Bet On It in HSM2, and Scream in HSM3. I’m mad about being promoted to golf instructor, too, boo. Let’s sing about it together.
7. Wondering why Kelsi Nielson wasn’t getting paid by the school for composing not ONE, but TWO original musicals.
No wonder she got that scholarship to Juilliard — homegirl was writing thirteen songs in ten different keys every school year, dealing with Ms. Darbus, and whispering almost the entire time.
8. Sobbing during “Gotta Go My Own Way” in HSM 2.
They only broke up for two scenes, but they were the longest two scenes of our lives.
9. Knowing the lyrics to the songs in the deleted scenes (and judging any fan who doesn’t).
Alright, so you might know “Breaking Free” — but what about “Humuhumunukunukuapua’a” or “I Can’t Take My Eyes Off Of You?” And you call yourself a fan? You’ll have to try again, sis — maybe the spring musicale.
10. Dragging your friends and family with you to see High School Musical 3.
11. Wanting a group of friends as epic and talented as the East High Crew.
Why can’t y’all just SING with me? Or learn this choreography?
12. Being suspicious about High School Musical 4.
Where are the original cast members? Who are these kids? We need answers.
13. And finally, knowing that you’ll always be a part of the Wildcat family.